Who can resist some Teriyaki and instead of always plumping for combining your Teriyaki with chicken why not opt for some barbequed tuna instead – all of the flavour but far fewer calories!
Making your own Teriyaki sauce is really easy to do and tastes much better than the stuff you buy at the supermarket so take the time to put together your own sauce and you won’t be disappointed.
Plus what I hate is when you buy it from the supermarket and how pricey it can be for a simple jar of sauce.
This dish is a great one if you are looking to do something a little different for a barbeque away from the usual suspects and once you have given it a go you will never be tempted to settle for a boring chicken leg ever again.
- 4 Tuna Steaks
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- ½ Tsp Ground Ginger
- One Calorie Cooking Spray
- Begin by making the sauce by combining the soy sauce, garlic, ginger and rice wine vinegar together in a shallow dish
- Place the tuna steaks into the dish and coat them well with the sauce
- Cover the dish and leave the tuna to marinade for 30 minutes minimum
- Once ready remove the tuna from the fridge and discard extra marinade.
- Spray the tuna with One Calorie Cooking Spray and cook on the barbeque for between 3 and 6 minutes on each side
Calories per serving: 213