I love Mexican food (not that I have ever been to Mexico) but it is super tasty and always makes me want to have more and more of it.
Most of it though is super fattening and nearly all Mexican food is bad for you (nachos with extra fatty cheese anyone?)
But what if you could have a bit of heat without the calories? This is why I have developed a recipe for Mexican rice so that you have something special and lose weight at the same time.
- 300g Long Grain Rice
- Pint Chicken Stock
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Green Pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 Green Chillies (finely chopped)
- 2 Fresh Tomatoes (finely chopped)
- One Calorie Cooking Spray
- Start by spraying a large wok well with one calorie cooking spray. Then sauté the pepper, garlic and onion, until just beginning to soften.
- Then tip the wok ingredients into a food processor with a quarter of the stock and blend into a smooth paste.
- Start again with the wok and re-spray it with some more one calorie cooking spray. Then gently cook the smooth paste for a further four minutes on a medium heat.
- Add the rice and the remaining stock to the pan containing the paste.
- Bring it to the boil, then turn down the heat and add the tomatoes and gently simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Then it’s ready to serve.