Welcome to my chicken and cheese herby bake recipe.
I love cheese and must admit I wish it was a fat burning food, but sadly my favourite cheeses are all super high in fat and make me super fat if I eat too much of them!
However in recent months, I have downsized from my cheddar and my light soft cheese. I have gone even healthier and into the world of quark or fat free soft cheese. It is cheese before all the bad bits are added and before the flavour is added. But even though it is boring to the majority of us, it gives us something to work with!
So if you are stuck with quark and want to go super low calorie – then mix it with some herbs and garlic and you have a rather nice cheese. And in case you’re wondering how, this recipe is based upon the low calorie quark and lots of extras!
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 50g Quark
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 250g Cherry Tomatoes
- 3Tbsp Wholemeal Breadcrumbs
- Salt & Pepper
- 2Tbsp Parsley
- 1Tbsp Rosemary
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6.
- Peel and grate the garlic and mix with the quark, salt and pepper, rosemary and parsley.
- Spread the mixture over the chicken breasts and sprinkle each breast with the breadcrumbs.
- Spray a baking dish with one calorie cooking spray and place the chicken breasts in it, along with the cherry tomatoes. Spray all the food with more one calorie cooking spray and season the tomatoes with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, depending on size of the chicken breasts, or until thoroughly cooked through.
- Now serve your herby chicken breasts with a nice salad and a jacket potato.