I absolutely love cauliflower and must confess until recently that I had never had cauliflower soup.
It was something that always wanted to try but I was always rather fearful that it would taste horrible with how mushy cauliflower can be but it actually tasted rather nice.
Plus cauliflower is also a fat burning food and for your money you do get a lot of cauliflower.
My normal use of cauliflower is with a cheese sauce, so this makes a much healthier version. Though, I am still debating whether I prefer this or cauliflower cheese!!!!
Anyway this beauty works out at 356 calories and this batch makes six portions so one portion works out at just 59 calories each. Just imagine if you replaced breakfast, lunch and snacks with it and how many calories you could save yourself!
- 1 Cauliflower Head
- 115g Onions
- 150g Butternut Squash
- 100g Yellow Pepper
- 2Tbsp Greek Yoghurt (fat free)
- 100ml Vegetable Stock
- 1Tsp Coriander
- 1Tsp Chives
- Salt & Pepper
- Start off by removing the leaves and dirt from your cauliflower and then cutting it into florets.
- Then peel the onion and butternut squash, and then dice the butternut squash, onion and yellow pepper.
- Add everything into the soup machine along with the Greek yoghurt and seasoning.
- Change the seasoning to your own personal wishes or stick with what I have done as the coriander gives it a lovely spicy flavour.
Total Calories = 356
Total Calories Per Serving = 59