Welcome to my garlic chicken lasagne.
Now time to confess – I have been eating beef lasagne for years and have never thought of using chicken until now…..
I love chicken and normally when I have it hand in hand with pasta it will usually be spirals or spaghetti.
So, I did a little experimenting and this is our new favourite recipe that we have as often as we can and we still can’t believe that it is a healthy version when it tastes this good!
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 1 Medium Onion (finely chopped)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (peeled and grated)
- 1Tsp Tomato Puree
- 250g Chicken Breasts (diced into cubes)
- 400g Chopped Tinned Tomatoes
- 1Tbsp Oregano
- 1Tbsp Tarragon
- Salt & Pepper
- 6 Sheets Of Lasagne
- 250ml Cheese Sauce
- 100g Reduce Fat Cheddar Cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 190C.
- Heat a wok sprayed with one calorie cooking spray and then cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and golden.
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, oregano, tomato puree and seasoning. Heat through until the chicken is also golden.
- Spoon half the chicken mixture into a lasagne dish and top with 3 sheets of lasagne. Then repeat the layers until you’ve run out of chicken mixture.
- Layer the top with your cheese sauce and then grate the cheese over the top of your lasagne.
- Transfer the lasagne dish to the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes until the topping is golden brown, bubbling and cooked through.