Welcome to my grilled balsamic chicken recipe.
Chicken in my opinion, chicken is the most versatile meat that you can get. It just tends to go with pretty much everything that you can think of and is an excellent base for a meal.
For me I tend to slow cook it, casserole it, wok it and even steam it. One thing I very rarely do with it though is grill it and I always feel like I should grill it more often as chicken tastes absolutely amazing when it is grilled.
Here I am sharing with you one of my absolute favourites and its healthy and tasty at the same time, which a few years ago I could never have said the two together existed.
Plus I used to hate honey when I was younger and now I can’t believe how nice it makes a dish taste – so enjoy!
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2Tsp Clear Honey
- 1Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Small Lemon Rind
- 1Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1Tsp Paprika
- 1Tsp Rosemary
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat your grill to medium and place the chicken breasts between two pieces of cling film then beat them with a rolling pin until they are of equal thickness.
- Peel and grate the garlic and remove the rind from the lemon.
- Spray the chicken breasts with one calorie cooking spray and place in a flameproof dish or in a grill pan.
- In a separate bowl – mix together the seasonings including the herbs, garlic and lemon (juice and rind).
- Once it is mixed together well sprinkle the chicken breasts with your seasonings.
- Grill for 5-6 minutes or until golden, and then spoon the balsamic vinegar over.
- Turn the chicken breasts over, baste with the pan juices and continue grilling for 5-6 minutes or until the juices run clear when pierced with a knife.
- Serve with a pasta salad or with some mash.