Side dishes don’t have to be boring and a barbeque doesn’t always have to involve meat!
I used to be a vegetarian many, many years ago and have always enjoyed my vegetables and plus you just can’t beat something healthy when there are burgers, sausages, big stoggy burger buns and all the other things that you know you shouldn’t eat but you do!
If you are looking for a healthy way to enjoy a barbeque then some corn on the cob is ideal and it is really easy to take this simple vegetable and turn it into something truly delicious!
Instead of using oil or butter on the corn be sure to use One Calorie Cooking Spray instead as this will cut down on the calories and keep everything very diet friendly.
- 6 Corns
- 1 Tsp chili Powder
- Pinch Dried Oregano
- Pinch Garlic Powder
- Pinch Onion Powder
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- Salt & Pepper
- One Calorie Cooking Spray
- Prepare the barbeque to a medium high heat
- While the barbeque is warming up mix together all of the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Spray each of the ears of corn with One Calorie Cooking Spray and then rub with the dry mixture.
- Wrap each corn in tin foil and close by twisting the ends to form a bag
- Cook the corn on the barbeque for between 20 and 30 minutes until it feels tender when you stick in a knife.