It can be difficult to make potatoes the star of the show at a barbeque, especially when you are bringing out succulent meats and other goodies but it is possible to make a special barbeque baked potato that will see even fussy eaters giving it the thumbs up!
Over the years my dad has cooked many barbeques and his idea of potatoes is getting the chip pan out and this offers a fantastic healthy way to have delicious potatoes at the barbeque.
When you have a barbeque it is a good idea to still try to balance what you are eating and while carbs may be the devils food to many, they are still an important part of a healthy and balanced diet.
Turn boring baked potatoes into a delicious side dish that you don’t have to just save for the barbeque – these are so good you will find yourself wanting them time and again!
- 1 Tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- Pinch Garlic Powder
- Pinch Onion Powder
- 2lbs Medium Sized Potatoes
- One Calorie Cooking Spray
- Preheat BBQ to a hot temperature or turn on the oven to 200ºc
- Prepare you potatoes by giving them a wash and then cutting them into wedges
- Make the potato dressing by combining the chilli powder, honey, garlic powder and onion powder in a bowl and stirring well.
- Spray the potatoes well with One Calorie Cooking Spray and then add them to the large bowl covering all of the potatoes well.
- If cooking on the BBQ, wrap the potatoes in tin foil and place on the grill for about 30 minutes, if baking in the oven allow 40 – 50 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes.
- Serve still in the foil with a dollop of soured cream.
Calories per serving 276