Welcome to my healthy chicken and vegetable curry.
I grew up with trips to the Indian restaurant and used to always tuck into the butter chicken, along with chips, rice and whatever else I fancied. It was the benefit of being a teenager and doing lots of swimming! Though I wish I could eat some butter chicken now and not gain any weight!
Enjoy an Indian this evening without splashing all those calories on double cream and butter. This version has low calorie cooking spray and a yoghurt and tomato sauce base. Perfect for a treat without eating something you shouldn’t!
I love a curry and this chicken and vegetable one, adds a lot of my favourite flavours together.
- 1 Large Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 2 Medium Carrots
- 1 Medium Courgette
- 1Cm Piece Ginger
- Low Calorie Cooking Spray
- 2Tbsp Curry Powder
- 312g Tomato Sauce
- 2Tbsp Artificial Sweetner
- 125ml Chicken Stock
- Salt & Pepper
- Handful Fresh Coriander
- 200g Natural Yoghurt
- Peel and chop the onion, carrot ginger, courgette and garlic. Grate the ginger and garlic.
- Cut the chicken into medium bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Spray a pan with low calorie cooking spray and cook the onion, garlic, chicken, ginger, and curry powder for 3 minutes. I am a wimp when it comes to spices so if you like yours spicier than mine then please add extra curry powder.
- Stir in the carrots, courgette, tomato sauce, sweetner and stock.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 12 – 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Season well, remove from heat, and stir in the coriander and half of the yoghurt.
- Serve immediately drizzled with the remaining yoghurt and some rice.