Who can resist food on a stick?
There is something really appealing about eating food from a stick and it is also a great way to add interest to food that may not always look that appealing.
One of my favourite restaurants in Portugal serves its food on hot stones. It is like a hot stone that has been heated in a pizza oven and then you have a large selection of meat with different flavours on it and then you cook it on your stone yourself. It is great fun and I love the way you have little pieces of chicken or pork on these little sticks.
The great thing about this hot and health beef satay recipe is that it is ideal for al fresco parties because it is easy to cook on the barbeque and even easier to eat once it is grilled!
Beef is a brilliant barbeque option, especially for anyone who may be a bit nervous about under cooking chicken and poisoning the guests!
Try out this fantastic beef recipe that even a novice on the grill will be able to get to grips with.
- 400g Lean Beef Sirloin
- 2 Tbsp Light Coconut Milk
- 1 Tsp Light Soft Brown Sugar
- 1 Red Chilli (optional)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Handful Sesame Seeds
- Ask your butcher to prepare the meat for you before you take it home to save time.
- You need to ask for lean rump and or it to be cut into 5cm cubes (more or less)
- When the meat is cut (if you are doing it at home instead) then prepare the marinad
- Mix the coconut milk, sugar, garlic and chilli together in a bowl
- Thread your meat onto four skewers and then put the kebabs into the marinade making sure to coat them well
- Leave the meat to marinade well for 20 minutes in the fridge
- Cook the steak on the BBQ to your preference and finish with a scattering of sesame seeds to serve.
Calories per serving: 312