Most sandwiches are packed with calories so if you are looking for an alternative why not try this quick and easy cherry tomato bruschetta recipe.
I have used cherry tomatoes but you could use normal tomatoes or even red peppers for a different slant on the same idea.
Be sure to buy whole meal brown bread and low fat cottage cheese and then the rest can be swapped and changed according to what takes your fancy – why not try this one topped with some rocket or a drizzle of balsamic vinegar for a different flavour?
- 2 slices of crusty wholemeal brown bread
- 125g low fat cottage cheese
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes
- A few shredded basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mixed green leaf salad leaves
- 1 Spring onion
- Toast the two slices of bread then leave to cool for about a minute
- Divide the cottage cheese into two portions and top each slice
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and place them on top of the cottage cheese
- Top the Bruschetta with some shredded basil leaves and season to your taste
- Serve with a green leaf salad and chopped spring onions
Calories per portion – 299