When you are on a fast day you may think that there is no room for a dessert during the day but if you have an urge for something sweet then you don’t need to deprive yourself with my fantastic 5:2 diet chocolate mousse.
I am a total chocoholic and find that this mousse has a deep and rich flavour that is actually so good I eat it on slow days also!
Actually – I am such a chocolate addict that everyday of the week I have chocolate and this just keeps me happy during the fasting days!
The slight taste of coffee and rich flavour makes this a great idea for dinner parties as well as a perfect diet day treat. To boost the mousse even further then serve with some berries on the side to add a touch of colour.
- 90g 70% dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp instant coffee granules
- 2 egg whites
- ½ vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 45g low fat Greek Yoghurt
- Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave or over a bowl of simmering water
- Add to the chocolate the coffee, vanilla and cocoa powder and stir in 2 tbsp of cold water. Stir in the ingredients carefully.
- When all incorporated the mixture will be very thick so add up to 2tbsp of boiling water to thin it down (do this gradually to avoid it becoming too thin)
- Now whisk the egg whites into soft peaks then add the sugar to make it shiny
- Add the yoghurt into the cooled chocolate mixture and beat until smooth
- Now add about a quarter of the egg white mixture gently to the chocolate and fold in with a metal spoon to keep the air in. Gentle add the remaining egg
- whites into the mixture.
- Divide the mixture into four small cups (125ml) and place in the fridge to chill for at least three hours
- Serve as an after dinner dessert or as a fast day treat
Total calories per serving = 157