Now this is an interesting concept if you have not heard of it before. This has to be one of the best diet inventions that I have ever come across. I am not one for kicking the carbs off my food plate, but I always say I will always try new things once and then if I like them, then I would gladly have them again and again!
Well the idea here is that you replace your white rice with cauliflower and that it works as a base for your dish. And even though this sounds so wrong, it really does work!
The cauliflower blends perfectly and I really couldn’t tell that much difference. Dominic hates white rice, yet he really enjoyed this!
- ½ Large Cauliflower
- 1 White Onion (finely sliced)
- 1Tsp Cumin
- 1Tbsp Chinese Five Spice
- 1Tsp Nutmeg
- 2 Red Peppers (diced)
- 2Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1Cm Cube Ginger (peeled and grated)
- 4 Tomatoes (chopped)
- ½ Pt Chicken Stock
- One Calorie Cooking Spray
- 3 Garlic Cloves (peeled and grated)
- 2 Chicken Breasts (cut into strips)
- Salt & Pepper
- Start by putting the cauliflower into the food processor and whizzing it around until it looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- In a wok fry your onion, garlic and ginger with your one calorie cooking spray. Then fry until they are golden. Then add the diced red pepper and cook for a further three minutes. Then add the chicken and cook in the wok until half cooked.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the stock, soy sauce and seasonings until they are all mixed well.
- Add the cauliflower to the wok and cook for a couple of minutes, then add your mixing bowl contents. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes or until everything is nicely cooked and the sauce has thickened.
- Add salt and pepper and extra seasoning if desired.