Welcome to my fat burning courgette speed weight loss soup.
I love courgettes and I eat them all the time. They are fantastic in casseroles, in fritters, stir frys and so much more. But until this week I have never considered putting them in a soup.
Mainly because like with cucumbers, courgettes hold a lot of water and is something that I just couldn’t possibly imagine in soup format.
But I just love to experiment especially with foods that are known for rapid weight loss, so nothing ventured, nothing gained!
This recipe actually works out at 138 calories and is the lowest in calories of all the soups that I am featuring as part of my fat burning soups series. This works out at just 23 calories a portion. Meaning that if you are on the 5:2 diet you could just have 21 portions all day!
- 250g Courgettes
- 50g Celery
- 120g Onions
- 1Tbsp Greek Yoghurt (fat free)
- 100ml Vegetable Stock
- 2 Medium Garlic Cloves
- 2Tsp Oregano
- 2Tsp Basil
- 3Tsp Mixed Herbs
- Salt & Pepper
- This is one of the easiest recipes to make so I will keep it short but sweet. Start by dicing the courgette and cleaning the celery.
- Peel and dice the onion.
- Chop up the celery into medium slices and add the celery, courgettes and onion into the soup machine.
- Add the Greek yoghurt and the stock. Take note that for this recipe there is little stock involved, this is because courgettes carry a lot of water and you don’t want to end up with flavoured water as your soup!
- Peel and chop the garlic, then add the garlic and the seasoning. Now put your soup machine to work and take a break for 25 minutes.
Total Calories = 138
Total Calories Per Serving = 23