I absolutely love broccoli and out of all the fruit and vegetables it is my personal favourite. I love the fact that with some fat free soft cheese such as Quark you can have an extremely creamy soup for a lot less calories.
For the first ten days of January we are showcasing all our favourite fat burning soups. The reason for this is that in January everyone wants to detox after the naughty food they have consumed over Christmas and by aiming for lots of fresh vegetables in soup format it is a great way to get it into your daily diet.
I have added up the calories in this soup and it works out at 219 calories for all of it. From this I can easily get 3.5 portions from it. However, I do have it incredibly thick but if you added extra stock to it, then it could very easily make up 6 portions of broccoli soup.
Therefore if you created six portions you would be talking 36.5 calories per serving!
This broccoli soup is one of my fat burning recipes – this is because apart from herbs and spices the only foods in it are fat burning ones.
All foods that are there to help you with your weight loss and to help you get results. You could even use this soup as a replacement for your snacks to cut down on calories and lose weight.
- 1 Medium Broccoli
- 1 Medium Onion
- 250ml Vegetable Stock
- 2Tbsp Quark (fat free soft cheese)
- 3 Medium Garlic Cloves
- Salt & Pepper
- 2Tsp Chives
- Pinch Of Mustard
- Chop up the broccoli into medium sized florets and place in the soup machine.
- Secondly peel and dice the garlic and onions and place it in the soup machine with the broccoli and also add the quark.
- Make up the vegetable stock with bowling water and add it along with the seasoning.
- Then cook it as instructed on your soup machine. If you prefer a thin soup then add some more water or quark, because this recipe makes a very thick soup.
Total Calories = 219
Total Calories Per Serving = 62.5