Welcome to my fat burning onion soup recipe – the chance to bring some French cooking into your weight loss programme.
The first time I ever tried onion soup was on holiday in France when I was a teenager. I had never seen anything like it and fell in love with it. I love onions and it was a much healthier option than stuffing my face with lots of onion rings or onions fried in a burger.
I have published an onion soup before but this time I wanted to do one from scratch in my soup machine to see how nice it tasted.
This onion soup works out at 296 calories and makes three good size portions. This makes it 98 calories per portion. So tuck in!
- 480g Onions
- 120g Carrots
- 100g Celery
- 1Tbsp Greek Yoghurt (fat free)
- 250ml Vegetable Stock
- 1Tsp Chives
- 1Tsp Mixed Herbs
- 1Tsp Sage
- Salt & Pepper
- To begin with peel and dice your onions at the same time as been careful of crying from all the onions!!!!
- Secondly peel the carrots and clean the celery to make sure they are edible.
- Chop up your carrots. Add your carrots, celery and onions to the soup machine.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and the Greek yoghurt. Then add the seasoning and its then ready to cook.
- Alternatively if you don’t want your soup smooth serve it before you get to the smooth setting.
Total Calories = 296
Total Calories Per Serving = 98