Is it wrong that I have never grown up and still adore chicken nuggets? They are always associated with children but adults love them too!
But thanks to Jamie Oliver and one of his many health kicks I have quit the supermarket ones and also any at fast food joints (apart from McDonalds as theirs are rather nice!) and would rather make my own.
I remember watching Jamie Oliver and he showed us all the rubbish that go into them and how cheap the meat is, it made me feel sick and it was so annoying at the same time as they were one of my favourites.
Kyle also loves chicken nuggets (which teenage boy doesn’t) and is always begging me to have them on the menu when he comes home from school. Well he can keep dreaming about that, but once in a while I will make us all some!
- 1Tsp Paprika
- 2Tsp Mixed Herbs
- 6Tbsp Breadcrumbs
- One Medium Egg (beaten)
- 1 Chicken Breast (cut into 2cm square chunks)
- In a bowl mix together the paprika, mixed herbs and breadcrumbs. This will then form your outer layer of your chicken nuggets.
- In another bowl beat an egg.
- Dunk your chicken pieces into the egg and then onto the breadcrumbs, then place them in your AirFryer.
- Cook them for 30 minutes at 180c or until golden. You can of course do them in the oven, but they look at taste much more crunchy if done in the AirFryer and remind me of the real thing.