We are all told that breakfast is the most important meal of the day so get your day started with a full and hearty breakfast grill.
To be honest it is not possible to ever say that bacon and sausages are good for your diet but if you cook them the right way then you can manage to still enjoy thee delicious treats without all of the guilt.
Be sure to trim off any excess fat from the bacon and I like to split my sausage in half when grilling to give it a more overall cooked taste.
If you want to spice things up a little then add a touch of garlic powder to your mushrooms before they cook or sprinkle on some chili powder to your tomatoes for an extra morning kick!
- 1 90% pork sausage
- 2 rashers of lean bacon
- 10 button mushrooms
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turn on your grill to medium high and let it warm up fully – if you don’t have a grill then you can use a grill pan but be sure to move away any excess fat as you cook
- Place your rashers of bacon onto a chopping board and cut off the excess fat if there is any
- Put your sausage and bacon under the grill and turn them as they cook
- When the sausage and bacon is cooked to your liking then remove from the grill and place on a paper towel to remove any excess fat
- Cut your cherry tomatoes in half and clean your button mushrooms
- Cut your sausage in half length ways to butterfly it
- Return the sausage to the grill and also put the tomatoes and mushrooms under at the same time
- When cooked to your liking then put onto a plate to serve (if you need to warm the bacon a little then return it to under the grill for a moment)
- Serve immediately
Total calories per serving: 405