Welcome to my low calorie fat burning celery soup.
Celery is something I have always eaten. Whether it has been with some soft cheese as an alternative to carrot sticks for dipping, or as stock for a slow cooker dish I am making.
But I have never had it as a base for a soup.
It is known as a negative calorie food – just because it is so low in calories that the effort made to chop it up and then eat it, burns more calories than the product itself. Though, this won’t apply to soup as you have it blended for you so there is no effort made, but it gets you thinking doesn’t it?
So, I set to work planning and making a celery soup just to see what it would taste like and I absolutely loved the results. However half way through I was thinking if I should have a backup plan for dinner!!!!
My celery soup (after the other ingredients I added) came in at 228 calories and made three portions. For 76 calories a portion for a filling soup this is rather special!
- 500g Celery
- 105g Onions
- 125g Carrot
- 2Tbsp Greek Yoghurt (fat free)
- 250ml Vegetable Stock
- 1Tsp Chives
- 1Tsp Mixed Herbs
- Salt & Pepper
- To start with give your celery a good clean as it often arrives full of dirt when you buy it from the supermarket. Then chop it into medium chunks.
- Peel and dice the onion and the carrots and add the carrots, onions and celery to your soup machine.
- Add the Greek yoghurt, seasoning and stock then cook in the soup machine.
- Once it is blended tuck in!
Total Calories = 228
Total Calories Per Serving = 76