There is nothing more decadent than sitting down to some smoked salmon but while we may think of this as a real treat meal it is actually pretty low in calories and is an ideal light lunch for anyone looking for maximum flavour but without maximum calories.
Personally I think that the flavour of the smoked salmon is so beautiful I don’t like to mess about with it too much but there is no reason why you could not add your own dressing as long as it is a low fat and low calorie version of course!
I would usually eat this as a light lunch but it could equally be served as a starter for a dinner party and if you cut down the size of the bread and make this bite sized then it could even be a great canapé if you like.
Quick and simple, as all the best dishes are, this is one to be enjoyed any day of the week and shouldn’t be kept for special occasions only!
- 125g of smoked salmon
- 4 small slices of brown bread of your choice
- 50g of zero fat cream cheese
- 1 fresh lemon
- Black pepper to taste
- Chives to garnish
- Remove the smoked salmon from the packaging and divide into four portions
- Layout four slices of brown bread and spread with the cream cheese
- Top each slice of th bread with the smoked salmon
- Grind over a little black pepper and squeeze over some lemon juice
- Garnish with the chives and add extra cream cheese if you prefer
Calories per portion: 218