Strictly speaking this isn’t really a cheesecake but you won’t really care about that when you dig into this one!
I have substituted low fat ingredients into this one to bring down the calorie count making it possible to enjoy a great tasting dessert even when you are on a weight loss programme.
This is a favourite recipe of mine not only because it is low in calories but also because it is so super quick and easy to do!
If you are running short on time or want to pre portion out the desserts then make them up in pretty glasses, otherwise you can press the filling into a tin and leave it to set for a little longer to then be able to cut it into slices.
I have topped my cheesecake with strawberries but again it really is up to you what fruit you put on top for a bit of variety.
- 400g zero fat soft cheese
- 400g zero fat Greek yogurt
- 150g low fat biscuits
- 6tbsp sugar
- 4 drops vanilla extract
- 200g strawberries
- 4 tbsp strawberry jam
- Crush the biscuits until they are crumbs – you can do this either in a food processor of by bashing them with a rolling pin.
- Push the biscuit crumb into a small flan dish and compact it down as best you can
- Place the biscuit base it the fridge to firm up while you make the other elements
- Put the soft cheese and yogurt into a bowl and combine well
- Add the vanilla and sugar and mix until smooth
- Spoon the cream mixture over the top of the biscuit base and smooth ovedr until even
- Chop the strawberries in half and pour over the jam and mix well until they are all slightly glazed
- Place the strawberries on top of the cheesecake in your own design
- Serve immediately if you are short of time or place back into the fridge for up to 24 hours before serving.
Calories per portion: 265