I love mushrooms on the Slimming World Diet. Not only are they Syn Free but they are so cheap if you are doing Slimming World on a diet budget.
Whether you are a vegetarian or not, they make a great meat alternative to help with your weight loss and embracing a healthy lifestyle.
Finding side dishes that are tasty and low in Syns can sometimes be difficult but this rice dish is a real winner and can lift even the most humdrum of meals into being something a little bit special.
The recipe calls for five mushrooms to be added but you can throw in as many as you want without altering the Syn amount which totals five for this recipe and easily provides enough food for four people.
If you want to try something a little special then top the finished dish with some exotic mushrooms on top to give it an extra flavour punch!
- 200g Long Grain Rice
- 1 Tin Condensed Cream Mushroom Soup
- 5 Fresh Mushrooms
- 1 Small Onion
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 250ml Chicken Stock
- Salt & Pepper
- Slice the mushrooms and the onions and gently fry off, as they begin to soften add in the chopped garlic clove and allow to cook out for a couple of minutes.
- Once the garlic, onions and mushrooms are cooking add in the rice to the pan and cover with the tin of soup and the chicken stock.
- Mix the ingredient together well and place a lid on the top of the pan.
- Leave the rice to cook for about an hour, remembering to stir frequently to prevent it from sticking to the base of the pan.
- After an hour try the rice to test if it is cooked through and then serve.
Syns = 1.25 Per Portion On Green Days