The thighs of a chicken may not look the most appealing part of the bird but they are some of the tastiest cuts!
Not only are chicken thighs packed with flavour, they are also one of the cheapest parts of the bird you can buy from the supermarket making them a great choice when you need to feed the entire family.
This recipe for my slimming world chicken thighs is really easy to do and is a great one to throw on the barbecue during the summer months.
I have removed the skin from the thighs to keep the calories and the syns down for this chicken thigh recipe but as always the option is always there to keep it on for the members of the family who are not watching their weight.
We enjoy these as a light lunch but you could serve them with a green leaf salad or even some rice if you want them to be the main feature of the meal.
- 250g (more or less) of chicken thighs
- 2tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2tbsp honey
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ,First make the marinade for the chicken by mixing together the honey, vinegar and the soy sauce in a bowl. (you can pour it into an old small water bottle if you would prefer to then shake it to combine it really well)
- ,Take the chicken thighs and remove all of the skin then place into a large bowl
- ,Pour over the marinade and use your hands to mix the chicken and the sauce in well
- ,Put the chicken into the fridge and leave to stand for at least 30 minutes (over night if you have the time)
- ,When you are ready to cook the chicken then heat a pan to a high heat and cook the thighs for about 20 minutes, turning regularly
- ,You can cook the chicken on the barbecue for about the same time but make sue in both cases that the meat is cooked well and juices run clear before you serve them
- ,Serve the slimming world chicken thighs hot or cold and either as a light snack or lunch or as a main meal with rice or salad
Syns per serving:
Extra easy – 2
Green – 4
Original – 2