I love to be able to throw together a meal with as little effort as possible and this one pot Slimming World easy beef stew crock pot recipe has to be one of the easiest out there and what is even better is that it is totally syn free on Slimming World!
We all know that there are some days when we just don’t have the time, or the inclination, to prepare a feast for the family so this easy beef stew crock pot recipe is the ideal solution for those looking to be able to eat a healthy and syn free meal with as little effort as possible.
This is not the most glamorous of meals out there but sometimes a good old fashioned one pot meal is just what the doctor ordered.
If you are organised then you can put all the ingredients in the slow cooker before you head out for the day and come back to a ready prepared meal, however you can always also make up a big batch of this and freeze it until you need it at a later date making it super speedy as a meal choice.
You can change the vegetables you use in this easy beef stew crock pot recipe to your favourites and there is no reason why you can’t add more if you prefer – just be careful which ones you add to make sure that they are syn free or at the very least health extras on your plan.
When you prepare the beef for this meal you can use cheaper cuts as it cooks for a long time but be sure to trim off all the fat that you can see to make it as lean as possible before cooking.
Total syns per serving: syn free
- 800g lean stewing beef
- 2 onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 sticks of celery
- 5 carrots
- 5 medium potatoes
- 500l beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by preparing your beef by cutting away any fat that you can see and then chopping into bite sized chunks
- Now prepare all your vegetables by peeling the potatoes, peeling and slicing the carrots, slicing the onions, chopping up the celery and crushing the garlic cloves
- Turn on the slow cooker to a high setting and pour in the beef stock
- As the stock heats up add the onions and celery to a pan on a medium heat and cook until they become soft
- Add the garlic to the pan and let it cook for a couple of minutes
- Put all of the cooked vegetables and the rest of the raw vegetables into the slow cooker and add the bay leaves and the Worcestershire sauce
- Brown off the beef in the pan then add to the slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients
- Turn down the slow cooker to a low heat and leave it to cook for about 8 hours
- Serve in a large bowl