Breakfast is often overlooked as a meal time but it is one of my favourites of the day and there are so many different types of food to eat that it is worth having a look at some recipes and thinking of something new to eat at breakfast time such as the French toast recipe.
French toast is not exactly a food that you would normally associate with a diet but it is possible to make a Slimming World friendly version of French toast that won’t see you using up all your syns before midday!
In this version of French toast I have topped mine with some strawberries as these are a favourite of mine but any berries would be perfect with this – raspberries, blueberries, blackberries or a mixture of them all. If berries are not in season then you can buy them frozen and they are still as delicious as the fresh versions.
Start your day with a boost and enjoy this French toast recipe that will prove just how good breakfast can be every day!
- 2 slices of white bread
- 1 egg
- 60ml skimmed milk
- Dash of vanilla essence
- Strawberries to serve
- Mix together the egg and the milk in a large bowl and add in the vanilla extract
- Soak each piece of bread in the mixture and leave for at least half an hour for the bread to soak up all the liquid
- Heat a non stick frying pan to a high temperature and place the bread into the pan to cook
- Turn the bead to ensure that it is cooked on each side
- Serve the French toast on a plate with a handful of fresh strawberries
Syns per serving – 4 ½