Being on a Slimming World doesn’t mean that you can never eat something delicious ever again – far from it!
I love cheesecake. I have loved it for years, though I couldn’t tell you when I first had it, it was just ALWAYS on the menu!
This gorgeous cheesecake recipe proves that it is still possible to indulge your sweet tooth without needing to feel guilty about it.
Although you need to follow the steps of this recipe carefully it is actually really easy to make and is more a question of being organised than being a master chef!
If you do not like strawberries then you can top this cheesecake with whatever fruit you like the best, forest fruits work well but be inventive and try something new!
- 10 Butter Biscuits
- 3 Egg Whites
- 2 Sachets Lemon Sugar Free Jelly Crystals
- 450g Quark Skimmed Milk Soft Cheese
- 250g Very Low Fat Natural Cottage Cheese
- 225g Very Low Fat Natural Fromage Frais
- 150g Strawberries
- Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees and prepare a 20cm cake tin by greasing and lining it.
- Make the base for the cheesecake by putting the biscuits into a food processor and blending them until they are a crumb.
- In a bowl beat the white of an egg and then mix in the biscuit crumbs until they are all wet.
- Press the biscuit crumb into the base of the cake tin, making sure that it is as even as possible.
- Cook the base for about 10 minutes and then set aside to cool.
- Start to prepare the filling for the cheesecake by dissolving the jelly crystals into 280ml of boiling water and then leave to cool.
- In another bowl combine the quark, cottage cheese and fromage frais and beat together until they are smooth then leave in the fridge until you are ready for it.
- Once your jelly has cooled then whisk up the other egg whites until they form stiff peaks and then beat the liquid jelly into the cheese mixture and finally fold into the egg whites. Be careful at this point not to knock all of the air out of the whites to give it a silky consistency.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over the top of the biscuit base and place in the fridge for at least two hours to chill.
- When you are ready to serve then pile the strawberries on top of the cake and top with a sprig of mint for decoration if you like.
Syns = 2.5 Per Portion Plus Using Healthy Extra For The Cheese