If you are not a fan of chocolate then a great alternative for a decadent dessert has to be a rich and creamy lemon pudding.
One of my favourite desserts has to be a lemon drizzle cake or lemon merengue pie but both of these are not exactly syn free so I came up with this alternative which still has all the zing and creaminess of my favourites but without all the ingredients that could send you off your eating plan.
I like to serve these desserts in glasses so you can see the layers of the cream and the lemon and it makes them look pretty impressive for a dinner party or special occasion.
The more cream you add the more syns you have so don’t go wild with the squirty cream to keep syns down and if you leave it out altogether then there are zero syns in this pudding on the extra easy slimming world plan!
If you don’t have smoothie maker you can click the link below and choose, which one suit your taste
- Juice and grated rind of 2 lemons
- 6 tbsp of sweetener
- 4 eggs
- 4oz zero fat crème fraiche
- 4 tbsp low fat squirty cream
- Grate the rind of both of the lemons and place al but enough to garnish in a bowl
- Add the sweetener to the rind and mix together well
- In another bowl mix together the eggs and the lemon juice from both lemons
- Add the lemon juice mixture to the lemon rind and sugar
- Now put the mixture into a double boiler with the mixture sitting above gently simmering water
- Keep stirring the mixture to get it thick and do this slowly to stop it from turning into scrambled eggs!
- When thickened then set aside to cool for 5 minutes
- Add the lemon mix to the crème fraiche and mix well until combined
- Now construct the dessert by placing a layer at the bottom of the glass then making a thin layer of cream topped by the lemon and repeat
- Garnish the dessert with the left over lemon rind
Syns per portion – 1 extra easy