We are all busy trying to find time to fit everything into our lives so any recipe that makes life easier is a hit for me and this pot roast beef recipe is simple and easy to make – just put it on as you leave the house for work and come home to perfectly cooked pot roast beef!
I use my slow cooker for lots of different meals but this pot roast beef has to be one of my favourites because it gives such a deep and rich flavour and although in this recipe I am using fillet steak with no fat, you can actually use much cheaper pieces of beef if you are not counting the calories to make this a more wallet friendly meal for the family.
If you do not have a slow cooker then don’t worry because you can still make this dish using your regular oven, all you have to do is to follow the method as usual but when it comes to putting the ingredients in the slow cooker at this point put them into a large casserole dish instead and then cook it in the oven at 160 degrees for between two and 2 ½ hours or until the meat is cooked and tender.
As usual this is a recipe that can also be adapted to suit your own personal tastes and while I have used carrots and new potatoes, there is no reason why you couldn’t use other root vegetables instead such as parsnips or sweet potatoes – just be sure to check the syn value of any ingredients you swap in.
I love coming home after a day at work and smelling the beef cooking through the kitchen and it is wonderful to be able to simply lift the lid on my slow cooker and serve up this great meal with hardly any effort required at all.
- 4 fillet steaks with all fat removed
- 200g carrots
- 200g new potatoes
- 200g green beans
- 1 whole bulb of garlic
- 200ml hot beef stock (homemade or ready made)
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp whole black pepper corns
- Salt to taste
- Prepare all of the vegetables by peeling and cutting up the carrots, scrubbing the new potatoes and trimming up the green beans.
- Remove all of the cloves of garlic from the bulb and remove the skins from each one.
- Place the beef steaks into the slow cooker and add in all of the vegetables and the garlic cloves
- Pour over the hot beef stock, the vinegar and then add in the pepper corns and season with some salt.
- Stir all the ingredients together well in the slow cooker
- Cover the slow cooker and cook the pot roast beef on a low heat for between 7 and 8 hours
- Serve the pot roast beef between four plates and eat while piping hot
Total Syns: Free on Extra Easy