If you are stuck in a rut with your Slimming World food optimising and want a jump in the right direction then this soup is perfect for you to give your body the ultimate kick start.
I have followed this soup on many slow times when a pound off here and there and some maintaining gets to you and you want to give your body an extra hit.
But what is so special about it?
Basically it is syn free plus it contains 8 vegetables from your super speed foods and they are all known for weight loss speed. So you are giving your body all the weight loss foods it needs so you are in turn giving your weight loss an excellent kick start.
The eight foods include – broccoli, butternut squash, carrots, celery, courgettes, onions, spring onions and tomatoes. With a couple of other free foods included and lots of flavour.
What I have personally done?
I have done eight batches for the freezer and then when I get a spare week I will be using the soup to replace breakfast and lunch to see how much weight I can lose by eating these speed foods to excess over a seven day period. (I will report back with the results once I have given it a go)
- ½ Large Broccoli
- ½ Butternut Squash
- 3 Medium Carrots
- 2 Courgettes
- 2 Small Onions
- 4 Spring Onions
- 6 Tomatoes
- ½ Pt Vegetable Stock (made up of ½ pint of warm water and one vegetable oxo cube)
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Puree
- Handful Fresh Basil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Tsp Mixed Herbs
- Peel and chop all the vegetables to small equal pieces and place in your steamer for about 30 minutes.
- Check your vegetables after 30 minutes and if they are not soft enough put your steamer on for another 5 minutes.
- We personally use a steamer because our vegetables taste much better and don’t lose the flavour like you do with boiling.
- When your vegetables are ready place them into a large pan.
- Then add the stock and cook on a low heat for a further 10 minutes.
- Take this opportunity to add the herbs and tomato puree. Add extra herbs and spices if you prefer a different flavour.
- Allow your pan to cool and then add your mixture into the blender and blend until fully blended.
- Once it is smooth you can serve and then batch it up for the freezer and enjoy!
SYN FREE On All Plans