Welcome to my ultimate fat burning leftover vegetable soup.
I absolutely hate food waste with a passion. There are always excellent uses for all our foods and we shouldn’t have food thrown in the bin unless we have to. Whenever I watch television programmes about food waste it is always the vegetables that get it in the neck.
You will see a family featured in a television show and they will admit to buying lots of vegetables (because they feel they should) and then they will eat out and get takeaways and then the poor vegetables get forgotten about!
But by collecting together your vegetables before they do turn into badness you can very easily whiz a soup together in your soup machine with less than ten minutes preparation time.
This is my spicy vegetable soup and based on the leftovers I had at the time of cooking over Christmas and it made a delicious evening meal. My only complaint was that I didn’t have any turkey left to put in it, because I had already eaten it all!
- 111g Onions
- 2 Medium Tomatoes
- 10g Ginger
- 166g Green Pepper
- 100g Carrots
- 150g Butternut Squash
- 2Tbsp Quark (fat free soft cheese)
- 150ml Water
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube
- Salt & Pepper
- 1Tsp Chives
- 1Tsp Coriander
- 1Tsp Basil
- Start by peeling and then dicing the onion into small pieces.
- Then peel and chop the carrots, butternut squash and place the onion, butternut squash and carrots into the soup machine.
- Peel the ginger root and then chop into cubes, then you will get maximum flavour when it is blended in the soup machine at the end.
- Chop up the pepper and the tomatoes and also place them in the soup machine with the ginger.
- Now add the quark and the seasoning.
- Once you have finished preparing the soup place on the blend soup setting and then come back when it is done.
Total Calories = 289
Total Calories Per Serving = 72.25