Welcome to my super tasty fat burning leek & butternut squash soup.
One of the soup recipes that I always remember growing up was leek and potato soup. Even now I would love to eat it as it is super tasty. However if you are on a roll with your weight loss and want to limit your potatoes then butternut squash is perfect!
It is a weight loss fat burning food and is amazing on the taste buds. I first tried butternut squash at a set meal for fathers day many years ago and I have been addicted to it ever since. I have mentioned before the benefits of butternut squash and buy some every week from the local supermarket.
Out of all the fat burning soups that I have tried recently this was my favourite and when I looked at it and how creamy it was I couldn’t believe it was a fat burning recipe. Gone are the days of horrible weight loss soups meaning the cabbage soup!!!
This recipe makes just three portions of soup and works out at 111 calories per large portion.
- 250g Butternut Squash
- 200g Leek
- 120g Onions
- 2Tbsp Greek Yoghurt (fat free)
- 250ml Vegetable Stock
- 2 Medium Garlic Cloves
- 1Tsp Chives
- 1Tsp Mixed Herbs
- Salt & Pepper
- To begin with peel and dice the butternut squash and onions.
- Clean the leeks and dice them into medium pieces.
- Peel and dice the garlic and place the garlic, onion, butternut squash and leeks into the soup machine.
- Add the vegetable stock and seasoning and set the soup machine in motion.
Total Calories = 333
Total Calories Per Serving = 111