This recipe is sponsored by Pro4Life. They were nice enough to send over some of their wholemeal pasta for me to try out!
I just love pasta. It is one of those amazing things that have been on my plate many times over the years. It is like a crazy addiction of mine and the more of it I have the more I want.
That is why Slimming World works so well for me because on green days I can have unlimited quantities of pasta. But my pasta has always been the white stodgy kind and I must admit up until a week ago I have never tried wholemeal pasta before.
It is not that I don’t like the idea; it is more a case of here in Portugal the wholemeal type is very hard to source.
But after been sent some out I decided to make myself some super creamy pasta with loads of vegetables to see what all the fuss is about.
Well I tried it and wow it tasted amazing. I mean how can healthy pasta in a creamy sauce taste this good? Surely there must be a catch somewhere.
- 1 Large Onion
- 4 Medium Garlic Cloves
- 250g Pro4Life Pasta
- 1Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 150g Light Philadelphia
- Salt & Pepper
- 1Tsp Chives
- 1Tsp Mixed Herbs
- 1Tsp Oregano
- 5 Asparagus Spears
- ½ Large Courgette
- 4 Medium Carrots
- 87.5ml Skimmed Milk
- In a wok add a diced onion and crushed garlic cloves. Or if you prefer use garlic puree as it is excellent for doing the job much quicker for you!
- Then on a medium heat sauté the garlic and onion with your extra virgin olive oil.
- In the mean time put your pasta in a small pan and boil until the pasta is tender.
- Thinly slice your carrots, cut your courgette into medium slices (it takes the least time to cook due to its watery base) and chop up your asparagus into 1cm chunks.
- Now add the vegetables to the wok and sauté for about 10 minutes or until they are nearly cooked.
- Now add the soft cheese and the milk so that it forms a super creamy sauce. I usually start by adding the cheese and then add the milk until you have the correct consistency.
- Add your herbs – if you like it spicy then add some chilli or you can have it like we do.
- Then finally add the pasta to the pan and mix well. It is now ready to serve.
Well there you have it. That is my super creamy pasta for you to try out at home. And if you would like to source the same pasta we used then you can get it at an incredible price on Amazon.co.uk .
In the Syns department it works out at zero Syns and 2 HEA for the milk and cheese, then one HEB for the oil. But please note this is for the whole dish so when you divide this by four it is very little indeeed. So enjoy!