Growing up I thought omelettes were disgusting. All those eggs and a serious lack of flavour. Whenever I was offered one I always turned it down flat. That was my relationship with omelettes for many years and only changed when I had a Spanish Omelette on holiday in Spain when I was in my late teens.
I am still don’t count that as one of my favourite foods, but I do really enjoy having them and probably have one per week. And when you think of how great it is to have some protein in your diet, it doesn’t get any better than having a few eggs in an omelette.
When you are feeling really hungry it can be difficult to find a quick and simple meal to leave you feeling satisfied without breaking your diet.
This omelette recipe is my everyday go to for lunch or dinner when I am looking for something to eat quickly and it is so easy to make you can even get the kids involved.
The prawns add a great extra flavour boost but if you are not a fan then you can always remove these for a vegetarian version.
Most of the ingredients you should be able to find in your fridge or kitchen and not only is this really filling to eat, it is also super cheap making it a winner on every level!
But the best bit of all, is that if you are on Slimming World they are Syn Free!!!!
- 3 Eggs
- Handful Cooked Prawns.
- 1 Medium Red Pepper
- 4 Mushrooms
- 1 Small Onion
- ½ Courgette
- 1 Medium Potato
- One Calorie Cooking Spray
- Salt & Pepper
- Begin by prepping all of your vegetables and slicing them all into thin slices, including the potato.
- Boil the slices potato in a pan of water until it is almost cooked and then remove from the water.
- In a bowl use a fork to whisk together the eggs and the seasoning
- Warm a frying pan and sauté off the onion, peppers and courgette with the cooking spray, then add in the prawns and mushrooms and warm through for about a minute.
- Leave the vegetables in the frying pan and then layer over the cooked sliced potatoes.
- Pour over the whisked egg and allow it to cook for about 2 minutes.
- Once the omelette is cooked through, finish the top off by placing it under the grill to crisp up before serving.
Syn Free On Green Days