Welcome to my virtually fat free baked garlic chicken recipe.
I can’t believe that I spent more than five years as a vegetarian when there are such tasty things as baked garlic chicken! Chicken is one of my favourite meats of all time and I would be completely lost without it.
As a child I remember having chicken in sauces, on pizzas, in pastas as a salad or even on the barbecue. Who am I kidding? This is how I have chicken now. And it comes as a must that it must include garlic and ginger in as many meals as possible.
I served up chicken for lunch last week and Dominic asked first:
How spicy is this?
So I must have turned into a spicy cook of late for him to make that statement first!!!! Therefore to prove a point here is chicken without coriander or chilli and perfect for your weight loss journey and contains very little fat.
- 8 Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 12 Cherry Tomatoes
- 3Tbsp Wholemeal Breadcrumbs
- 1Tbsp Thyme
- 1Tbsp Parsley
- 1Tbsp Porridge Oats
- 1Cm Cube Grated Ginger
- 2 Cloves Crushed Garlic
- 200ml Chicken Stock
- 2Tbsp Mature Grated Cheddar
- 1 Calorie Cooking Spray
- Salt & Pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C/Gas 5.
- Season the chicken thighs with dried thyme, crushed garlic and grated ginger.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan well with one calorie cooking spray and cook the chicken on both sides until golden.
- Spray a shallow baking dish with one calorie cooking spray and place the chicken thighs in the dish.
- Chop the cherry tomatoes in half and place the tomato halves around the chicken thighs.
- Mix the wholemeal breadcrumbs, porridge oats, parsley, cheese, salt and pepper together.
- Pour in the stock, and then scatter the topping over.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the topping is golden and crisp and the chicken thoroughly cooked.
- Serve with a jacket potato or a salad.