I love gammon. Though I must admit I was a late developer. The first time I had gammon was at a new years eve party a couple of years ago and I thought it was amazing. I couldn’t believe something so cheap could taste so nice. Not to mention that with the fat removed a syn free delight.
I love to have it with fresh pineapple and a garden salad. Though Dominic prefers it with syn free chips!
It is marinated overnight then dried and cooked in the slow cooker on the lowest setting and then left to stand.
It is simple home cooking like mum used to make so enjoy and here is to cheap, syn free cooking!
- Fresh Parsley
- Gammon Joint
- Peppercorns (¼ of a pack)
- Fat Free Cooking Spray
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 4 Tsp Mustard
- 2 Tsp Mixed Herbs
- 2 Large Carrots
- Large Handful Celery
- Soak the gammon with ½ the peppercorns, mixed herbs, ½ the mustard, the salt and plenty of fresh parsley.
- After 12 hours, dry the gammon very well and then with the fat free spray squirted a couple of times at the bottom of the slow cooker add the meat and move it about to cover it all in the spray.
- Put the vegetables down the sides and sprinkle with the rest of the peppercorns and mustard. Depending on the size cook for 5.5 to 6 hours.
- After it is cooked it will have shrunk a lot but do not be alarmed. Place on a flat surface and when cool peel the skin and fat off the top of the gammon to make it syn free.
Syn Free On Red Days