Chicken has to be one of the barbeque favourites and you can do so many different things with it that it is worth while taking the time to try out new recipes and this slow cooked BBQ chicken is the very best way to enjoy some chicken in the sunshine.
In all the years we have been making barbeques at home as a family, I don’t think I have ever had one without some type of chicken being present. At our last barbeque we had chicken wrapped in bacon with cheese in the middle, chicken on skewers and even some tasty chicken wings.
But I also like to have something slow cooked too as it’s a beautiful flavour.
By slow cooking the chicken you make sure it keeps moist as it can be easy for chicken to dry out on the barbeque while you cook it so it is worth sacrificing the char grilled flavour for a great meal!
The sauce is really easy to make and if you have any left over you can use it to dip your sausages or anything else into!
- 400g Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 3 Tbsp Tomato Puree
- ½ Tsp Ground Cumin
- ½ Tsp Ground Coriander
- 1.5 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 100ml Hot Chicken Stock
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Simply place all of the ingredients into your slow cooker and set the cooker to low to cook for six hours
- Once the chicken is cooked take it out and put to one side
- If the sauce at the bottom does not look thick enough then leave it in the bottom of the slow cooker to thicken up for a further 45 minutes on high with the lid off.