Get the kids into the kitchen and everyone cooking with this simple, quick and tasty recipe that is perfect for summer days and barbeques in the garden!!!!
This is a great alternative for anyone who is not so keen on lamb but still wants to enjoy a Kofte and the sticky sweet flavour is a lovely combination with the pork.
Making the Kofte and shaping them onto the skewers may seem a boring job for many but this is sure to a highlight for children who will love getting their hands dirty and making their own food for the barbeque.
Our son Kyle loves nothing better than making things with mince. Whether it is this or meatballs or burgers he is straight there. Then proudly claims that he cooked dinner!
- 400g Minced Pork
- 1 Large Onion
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1.5 Tsp Cornflour
- 2 Tbsp Mint
- 4 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 4 Tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 5 Spring Onions
- 2 Tbsp Coriander Leaves
- Place the mince into a large bowl and then add in the onion, garlic, cornflour, herbs and fish sauce
- Mix the meat together well with the other ingredients and then shape the mixture into small balls
- Thread the balls on to skewers and then cook on the barbeque for about 5 minutes
- Turn the balls and then brush on the chilli sauce and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Wait for the sauce to start to caramelize and then remove from the grill and serve
Calories per portion: 265