If you are a fan of cheese (and I know I definitely am!) then you may find yourself longing for something cheesy at the end of the day. Sadly we all know that we need to monitor our cheese intake which strikes off lots of my favourite recipes.
Since following the Slimming World diet I have found that you can make a little of something you love go a long way and when it comes to cheese, the stronger it is the less you need to use to get that cheese kick you have been looking for.
I know not everyone is a fan of blue cheese but if you are – then this is the recipe you have been waiting for!
- 200g dried pasta of your choice
- 50g blue cheese
- 2 onions
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp sweetener
- Begin by finely slicing up your onions and then frying them gently in a pan until they start to become soft and go translucent.
- Add to the pan the water, sweetener and balsamic vinegar and then allow the onions to cook on a low heat until all the liquid has evaporated off. The onions should have a caramel colour and will take around 20 minutes to cook through.
- While you wait, cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- Once your pasta is cooked then drain off the water and while the pasta is still piping hot, crumble in your blue cheese and stir well to allow the cheese to start to melt.
- Stir into the pan of cheesy pasta the caramelised onions and serve immediately.
Syn Free on Extra Easy and Green