The first time I tried Jerk Chicken was on holiday in Cuba nine years ago. It was fantastic and about the only thing on a holiday from hell that was cooked nicely. I actually had it so much over the two week holiday that it turned into an addiction.
So when I came home I wanted more. Then more and a tiny bit more. I had gained weight on holiday so what I should have been doing was eating a low calorie version, but I was daft at the time.
But when I did start eating healthy this was the recipe that I created so tuck in!
- 4 Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 4Tsp Jerk Seasoning
- 2 Red Onions (thinly sliced)
- 2 400g Cans Chopped Tomatoes
- 400g Red Kidney Beans
- One Calorie Cooking Spray
- Start by tossing the chicken in a teaspoon of jerk seasoning and adding a little salt and pepper.
- Spray a wok with one calorie cooking spray and heat for a couple of minutes on a high heat and then add the chicken. Once the chicken has browned remove the chicken from the wok.
- Spray the wok again, (if necessary) and add the sliced onion, cooking until the onion is beginning to soften, before adding the remaining jerk seasoning and cooking for a further minute.
- Return the chicken to the wok, pour over the tinned tomatoes, then bring to a simmer. Then cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the beans, then cook for 10 minutes longer and serve with rice.