What is there not to love about pizza? When we went to Disney World three years ago, there were pizzas and burgers everywhere. I got sick of the burgers after a while but as far as pizza was concerned I never seemed to have an off switch. I remember visiting a pizza buffet on the main road and it was eat as much as you like for a super low price, and before you know it I have been there twice.
But at the same time at the back of my mind there was also the thought that there was a lot of calories in them and that they were swimming in grease. Therefore when I did start looking after myself again, I felt it was important to create a healthy version and that’s exactly what you have here.
So without further introduction if you fancy a trip to Pizza Hut but want to lose weight then make this at home instead:
- 4 Wraps
- My Tomato Sauce Recipe (get the recipe here)
- 1 Large Red Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Calorie Cooking Spray
- 1 Pinch Sweetener
- 1Tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2Tsp Oregano
- 1Tbsp Black Olives
- Handful Sliced Red Peppers
- Handful Sliced Tomatoes
- 1Tbsp Sweetcorn
- Handful Sliced Ham
- 2Tbsp Reduced Fat Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Begin by setting your oven to 180c and getting it warmed up.
- In a wok (much better than a frying pan as its much bigger and doesn’t crowd the ingredients) spray some one calorie cooking spray. Then add to it the onion and cook until soft.
- Add the homemade tomato sauce, sweetener, herbs & balsamic. Simmer until thickened.
- In the mean time on a pizza tray or a baking tray if you don’t have one, place the wraps & cook in the oven for 2 minutes. Turn them over and spread with tomato mixture & top with your toppings and cheese.
- Bake until the cheese has melted
- Please note – when I made this we had a few fussy eaters so we made four different pizzas, toppings is totally your choice, but aim to go with low calorie fat burning foods with a big topping so that it doesn’t become too calorific.