Pork and apple are two ingredients that were just meant to go together and this delicious recipe for pork and apple balls can turn an average weekday dinner into something that tastes really amazing!
You need hardly any ingredients to make the pork and apple balls and it doesn’t matter if you are not a whizz in the kitchen either because these balls are so easy to make you can even get the kids involved in making their dinner.
I like to add sage to the meatball mixture because it gives an extra depth of flavour but you don’t have to use this if you do not like the taste of sage and can leave it out without the recipe going wrong.
If you are looking for a more substantial bite then you could instead change the balls into 4 juicy burgers for a change – the choice is yours!
- 500g lean pork mince
- 100g grated apple
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp sage leaves
- In a large bowl mix together the minced pork and the apple until it is evenly spread throughout the mixture.
- Chop up the sage leaves and add to the mixture
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl and then add to the meat.
- Use your hands to combine all of the ingredients wells and then shape into 16 balls
- Grill the balls until cooked through and lightly browned on the outside.
4.5 syns Extra Easy and Original